Hawke’s Bay Regional Public Transport Plan (RPTP)
Closes in 13 days
Bus services are changing in Hawke's Bay. Public consultation on the Hawke’s Bay Regional Public Transport Plan (RPTP) is taking place from Monday 1 August to Wednesday 31 August 2022.
Help us shape the future of public transport.
We want to deliver a public transport system that is safe and well-integrated with other modes of transport.
Buses are vital in our battle against climate change and to enable people to get around safely. Bus services are being designed around the needs of current and future passengers. We want to deliver a public transport system that is safe and well-integrated with other modes of transport.
Our vision for public transport
To deliver a public transport service that is safe, accessible, and supports the shift to reduce driving and emissions, while improving the economic, social, and environmental wellbeing of the people of Hawke’s Bay.
How do we propose to improve bus services?
- Implementing bus routes that run the same way in both directions (rather than the current one-way loops), will be more direct and allow the service to be more frequent.
- Creating more connections between routes, helping you get across the network without having to go into main centres.
- Increasing frequency of bus services to provide people with a much greater choice of times and destinations, and less reliance on a timetable.
- Extending the operating time of the bus service beyond 6pm to increase the number of activities that can be accessed by using public transport.
- Ensuring that bus services run to time (neither early nor late) giving passengers confidence to use the network.
- Starting a new peak express service from Central Hawke’s Bay into Hastings.
- Identifying existing initiatives in Wairoa and supporting the establishment of Community Transport services.
Consultation opens 1 August 2022
Consultation closes 31 August 2022
Hearings 9 September 2022
Deliberations 16 September 2022
Tukua mai ō whakaaro - have your say
We want your feedback on this proposed Regional Public Transport Plan, including plans for the bus network. The consultation document summarises our objectives, policies and plans for Hawke’s Bay’s public transport network.
The easiest way to provide your feedback is using the online submission form below. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post or hand deliver your feedback to our offices. If you wish to present your submission, hearing will be take place on 9 September 2022. Please indicate on the form if you wish to be heard.
Submissions must be recieved by 8pm, Wednesday 31 August 2022.
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by Hawke's Bay Regional Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hawke's Bay Regional Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hawke's Bay Regional Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Hawke's Bay Regional Council