Let us know your feedback
This will be your opportunity to tell us what matters to you and how you would like our district to look over the next year.
In our 2021-31 Long-Term Plan, we indicated that to achieve the community outcomes the average rates increase for 2023/2024 would be 7.8 per cent.
Since then, we have seen interest rate increases, staff recruitment and retention pressures, and significant project, and contract cost escalations. We now face ongoing costs to rebuild and recover from Cyclone Gabrielle.
We are now signalling a proposed district average rate increase of 15.4 per cent.
Every year Council develops an Annual Plan which sets out the budget and rates required for the upcoming year and describes the activities and community outcomes it hopes to achieve for the district. The 2023/2024 Annual Plan will also focus on the key priorities to assist the district with recovering from the devastating effects of Cyclone Gabrielle and previous weather-related events. This recovery is expected to take several years, with this Annual Plan focusing on the short to medium-term and will lead into planning for the future via Council’s next Long- Term Plan.
We want our community to have an opportunity to have input into our upcoming plan while understanding what it costs to run the district and
having a structured focus on recovery. As a district, we cannot undertake and fund recovery on our own. This plan will signal to external agencies and the NZ Government that we can fund some recovery activities but still require major external financial support.
We want to understand our people’s views and will be listening through community-based meetings, online engagement, and a social media programme.
We welcome your involvement in this process as we face the challenges of rebuilding our community together.
MONDAY 12TH JUNE
• Wairoa War Memorial Hall 6pm – Zoom Link Available
TUESDAY 13TH JUNE
• Putere Community Hall 9am-11am
• Raupunga - Playground Reserve 11.30am-1.30pm
• Mohaka - Outside School 2pm-3.30pm
• Kotemaori Hall 4pm-6pm
WEDNESDAY 14TH JUNE
• Marumaru - Outside Hall 8.30am-12pm
• Ardkeen - Outside Hall 12.30pm-2pm
• Tuai - Outside Hall 2.30pm-6.30pm
THURSDAY 15TH JUNE
• Opoutama - Outside the Garage 9am-11am
• Mahanga - Judges Parade 11.30am-1.30pm
• Outside Te Māhia - Outside School 2pm-4pm
• Mahia - Outside Sunset Point 4.30pm-6pm
• Mahia community meeting - Mahia Golf Club 6pm
FRIDAY 16TH JUNE
• Iwitea Marae 9.30am-11.30am
• Whakaki Marae 12pm-2pm
• Nuhaka - outside Nuhaka General Store 2.30pm-4.30pm
MONDAY 19TH JUNE
• Frasertown - Outside Shop 8.30am-12.30pm
• Ohuka - Outside School 1.30pm-3.30pm
• Ruakituri Hall 4.30pm-7pm
WEDNESDAY 21ST JUNE
• Awamate/Turiroa - Opposite 287 9am-11am
• Oslers Bakery - Outside 11.30am-2.30pm
• Taiwhenua Office 2.30pm-4.30pm
• Zoom Meeting 6pm Zoom Link Available
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by Napier City Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Napier City Council